Most homeowners and commercial premises hire a professional contractor to paint or repaint their premises. The key is to make sure that you do your due diligence while researching different Gold Coast painters. There will always be a balance of cost, availability, and quality, so consider which is the most important to you.
Before choosing your Gold Coast painter, remember to arm yourself with some basic knowledge and ask the right questions! Understanding your project by doing a bit of research will help you understand the process described and puts you in a position to work out what Gold Coast painter is taking the right approach. You will then need to consider:
- Choose a professional over a handyman – experienced and qualified Gold Coast painters are efficient, provide high-quality results, and will save you heaps of money in the long run. Hiring an underqualified handyman will lead to mistakes and poor-quality workmanship, which will result in rework being needed in the future. A great way to avoid this is by looking for the companies licensing and insurances. At Jason Swanson Painting and Decorating they are licensed by QBCC and as a client, you are covered and secured by a 5-year Workmanship Warranty.
- Ask what the process is going to be – do not be scared to ask what steps will be taken. Leaving out important steps can cause headaches down the track. Ensure they cover off thoroughly the preparation work. A skilled and honest professional Gold Coast painter will have no problems answering your questions fully.
- Get at least 3 quotes – ask for detailed quotes in writing, breaking everything down. A quote should include labour, timeframe, materials, paint, and travel (if charged). Remember with understanding quotes that as a business there will be direct and indirect costs, the direct costs are what you will see on your quote. Having multiple quotes will allow you to compare like with like in your Gold Coast painter. Remember to ask about any additional costs, ie scaffolding hire, rubbish removal, furniture moving/covering.
- How long will the job take? – it is not always about the daily or hourly charge, knowing how to do the job right, following the right processes can mean the job can be completed quicker. A lack of experience and proper painting techniques by an amateur will most likely take longer than skilled Gold Coast painters to complete the project.
- Check their experience – do your due diligence – hire a professional Gold Coast painter with specific and recent experience of the type of job required as professional painters work on a huge variety of projects. Jason Swanson and his team are dedicated to building strong relationships with their customers and are happy to share their previous work and customer experiences.
Hiring a professional Gold Coast painter who has the skills and experience will save you a lot of time and money by providing high-quality paintwork. A poorly painted home is the last thing any homeowner or business wants. If you need further expert advice about residential and commercial painting, get in touch with Jason Swanson Painting and Decorating today.