CNC lathe operation is a kind of technology based on mastering the basic operation of machine tool, basic machining knowledge and basic programming knowledge. CNC lathe operation can not be achieved overnight. The operating skills of CNC machine tools are constantly changing. When engaged in this work, we need to give full play to our imagination and subjective initiative. Combined with the actual operation, we need to innovate constantly. When operating CNC machine tools, we need skills and experience.
Operation skills of CNC lathe
1. The reasonable feed rate, rotation speed and cutting depth should be selected according to the hardness of the material
(1) Carbon steel material selection of high speed, high feed, large cutting depth. For example: 1gr11, select s1600, f0.2, cutting depth of 2mm（ 2) Cemented carbide choose low speed, low feed, small cutting depth. For example: GH4033, set S800, f0.08, cutting depth 0.5mm（ 3) Titanium alloy has low speed, high feed rate and small cutting depth.
2. There are two types of tool setting: tool setting instrument and direct tool setting. Select the center of the right end face of the part for the tool point and set it as the zero point. After the machine tool returns to the zero point, each tool used is set in this way. When the tool contacts the right end face, input Z0 to measure. The measured value will be automatically recorded in the tool compensation value, which represents the completion of z-axis tool setting.
3. The x-axis tool setting is used for trial cutting and tool setting. If the outer circle of parts is less, measure the value of the outer circle (for example, X is 20 mm), input X20, and click measurement to automatically record the measured value. The tool setting of x-axis is completed.
Using this tool setting method, even if the machine tool is powered off, the tool setting value will not be changed after restart. It is a good method to produce a large number of the same parts, even if the lathe is shut down, there is no need to reset the tool.
Debugging skills of CNC lathe
In order to prevent accidents caused by program errors and tool setting errors. After programming and tool alignment, trial cutting and debugging must be carried out.
The order of NC lathe debugging should be to carry out the simulation processing of empty stroke first. In the coordinate system of the machine tool, move the cutter to the right as a whole, which is 2-3 times of the total length of the part; Then the simulation processing can be carried out, and the parts can be processed only after the tool setting is correct.
After the completion of the first part processing, first self check, and then find a full-time inspection and inspection after the confirmation is qualified. After the confirmation is qualified again, it means that the debugging is completed, and then the parts can be processed.
Experience of preventing collision of CNC lathe
CNC lathe collision, will have a great impact on the rigidity of the small lathe, so in the operation, the operator is required to have patience, master the method of accident prevention.
1. Wrong input of tool diameter and length.
2. The size of the workpiece and other related geometric dimension input error, as well as the initial position of the workpiece positioning error.
3. The zero point of the lathe is reset and changed in the process of processing, or the workpiece coordinate system of the lathe is set incorrectly. In the process of rapid movement of the machine tool, accidents are prone to occur. At this time, the greatest harm of collision must be avoided.
In the initial stage of program execution and tool replacement, if the program is edited incorrectly and the tool diameter and length are input incorrectly, collision is easy to occur. At the end of the program, the sequence of the tool retraction of the NC axis is not right, and the collision may also occur.
In order to avoid the above situation, when operating the lathe, the operator should give full play to the function of the five senses, always observe the abnormal action of the lathe, observe whether there are sparks, noise and sound, vibration and scorching smell, stop the program immediately when finding the abnormality, and then continue to work after solving the problem.