Has your Facebook account got disabled or locked? There can be two reasons why you may have to face this problem. Either you disabled your own account, or Facebook itself disabled your account. In both cases, Facebook account recovery is possible. If you deactivated your account, you would get it back easily by logging in. However, if Facebook disabled your account temporarily, you will have to send an appeal to Facebook to retrieve your account.
What Can Get Your Facebook Account Disabled?
There are various reasons why Facebook disabled your account. If your account is disabled permanently, there is no chance for Facebook account recovery. However, if s disabled temporarily, you can get it back. But before that, know the reasons that prompt Facebook to disable your account.
- If you post any content that violates Facebook Community Guidelines or Terms
- If you do heavy promotion by spamming your posts
- When Facebook notices any suspicious activity on your Facebook account
- Not providing authentication of your account and avoiding the warnings of Facebook
- When you impersonate to be someone else with a fake name
- Having multiple Facebook accounts or using a Facebook account on multiple devices
- When your account repeatedly gets reported by other Facebook users
Recover a Disabled Facebook Account
If your account is locked temporarily by Facebook, follow the given steps to recover a disabled Facebook account.
- First of all, wait for at least 96 hours as your account may get recovered automatically.
- Then, clear cache memory and the browser history
- Open your Facebook on your browser
- Enter login credentials
- If Facebook asks for security questions, answer them correctly.
And you may get your Facebook account back! However, if it didn’t work and your account is still disabled, follow the given steps:
- Visit facebook.com/help/contact/260749603972907 and open the application
- Enter your phone number or email address linked to your account.
- Then, enter your name
- Upload the picture of your ID
- Add the details in the Additional info field
- Click Send
After you submit an appeal, Facebook will now review your application. Facebook will respond within a week or so, and you can retrieve your disabled Facebook account.